Those who are eagerly awaiting for a 10-inch version of the Acer Aspire One netbook will have to wait until February or March next year. No less than Acer Taiwan’s president Scott Lin told reporters in Taiwan about Acer’s plan for a bigger and meaner Aspire One netbook.
Mr. Lin also said that his company is confident that their shipment of the 8.9-inch Aspire bundled with Taiwan Mobile services including a 3.5 module will 9,000 units in the Taiwan market for this quarter alone. Currently, Acer is able to sell around 10,000-20,000 Aspire Ones monthly in Taiwan.
The Acer President was also proud to announce that they will be launching 14.1 – , 12.1, 13.3 and 15.6-inch notebooks in 2009, just in time for the upcoming IT month promotional sales event.
- Acer to Release the 10-inch Aspire One in February-March
- Acer to phase out 8.9-inch Aspire one in Q2 2009, intro an ‘enterprise model’ 10-inch netbook
- Acer Eyes 2 Million Shipments of Aspire One by Q3 2008
- Acer Aspire One to Get an Early July Release in Thailand
- Acer expects overall notebook sales to increase in 2010, but predicts a drop in netbook share
- $99 Dollar Acer Aspire One from AT&T and RadioShack Anyone?