Intel Atom N2600 Got Benchmarked
N2600, part of Intel’s new line of low-power CPU named Cedar Trail has recently been tested. However, the official specs for the CPU are not yet available. As of this time, information regarding the CPU are as follows:
- a dual-core CPU, with HT, clocked at 1.6 GHz
- Intel HD 3600 Integrated graphics running at 400 MHz, Direct X10.1 compatible (based on specs)
- should support only up to 2 GB of DDR3 RAM
According to Netbookews, this is how the unit performed in everyday usage:
- Dealing with video, Flash 720p content on Youtube is playable.
- The N2600 can actually handle 1080P self stored content quite well.
- As for noise and temperatures, this platform is fanless, so there’s little to no noise involved with no notable heat issues.
When compared to the N570, the current N2600 looks a bit slower in terms of raw CPU tests, however, it’s way faster in terms of graphic abilities. There’s a mixed results when it’s compared to the C-50 as it seems to have a poorer score in PCMark Vantage, better in Cinebench 11.5 CPU test and Crystalmark, and definitely a lot under in terms of graphics.
It should be noted that the N2600 is not going to be the fastest of the Cedar Trail Atoms. You should go for N2800 Atom at 1.83 GHz if you need a faster one and with better graphics as well.