Expect more netbooks having bigger screen sizes than 10-inch once Intel releases its latest processor the Atom N550 by the second half of 2010. Digitimes is reporting that Intel is finally lifting the restrictions on panel sizes of netbook using its procesor. This means that manufacturers can now bring in netbooks with 11.6 to 12.1 inch screen sizes.
In case you’re not aware, Intel has previously disallowed netbook manufacturers from bringing netbooks with larger than 10-inch screen so as not to cut into the demands for traditional notebooks which Intel supplies with processors as well.
Additionally, Intel has required that netbooks using Atom N550 should have 1GB of RAM and 32GB SSD or 32GB of HDD at the least.
- Intel to Stop Selling Atom Z Processors to Netbook Makers
- Intel to Launch New Atom Processor, More Netbooks to Come
- Intel Atom N280-Powered Netbooks Coming Soon
- Netbooks with Intel Atom N450 to get September showing
- Linux is Easy Peasy on Intel Atom netbooks
- Dell Upgrades Latitude 2110 to Intel Atom N450