No, Lenovo is not joining Acer and Asustek in the 11.6-inch netbook race. Instead, Lenovo might soon come out with a new version of their IdeaPad S10 netbook - the S10-2. Although not official yet, the Lenovo S10-2 is rumored to feature a built-in 3G modem.
If the Lenovo S10-2 User Manual is any indication of what the Lenovo S10-2 may actually be, it seems that we might be looking with a new S10 with so many new features and specs probably including the following:
- Redesign - Rounded edges, different hinge.
- 8-32GB SSD options
- 3G Support / SIM card behind battery
- Wireless Switch
- ExpressCard/34 slot removed
- Extra USB port (total of 3)
- Shrunken, pushed down arrows keys like on AAO.
- Larger sized trackpad
- Ports/buttons/LED re-arrangements
- Battery shape has changed
- Double access bays to access HDD, RAM and now Wi-Fi.