MediaPad Coming to T-Mobile
Huwaei has an answer for the recently introduced Amazon Kindle Fire tablet. The Mediapad, a 7-incher that may be picked up by T-Mobile’s 4G Service. It has been rumored that this device will be announced next month. The MediaPad itself has suffered delays. Originally this multimedia slate was planned to be released last August.
The MediaPad is priced at $199, same as the Kindle Fire. However, both T-Mobile and Huwaei doesn’t have media content to compete with Amazon itself. Below are the specs of the tablet:
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb
- 7″ IPS display, 1280 x 800, 216 PPI (significantly higher than Amazon Kindle Fire’s PPI)
- 1.2 GHz, dual-core processor
- 1.3 MP front-cam, 5 MP rear-cam with autofocus and HD video recording
- 16 GB internal storage, expandable via micro-SD card slot
- 4G mobile broadband support
The $199 price may be further burdened by a 2-year contract. Kindle Fire doesn’t have one.